30. What might make a work of art or an exhibition “Jewish” for you?
- It questions
31. What makes a museum experience memorable for you?
- I’m old fashioned – an exhilarating object
- Great exhibition design, clear narrative and meaningful interactives
32. What changing exhibit would you most like to see at a Holocaust museum?
- Gary Baseman “Mythical Homeland” or Lori Shoket Human Element
33. What is the name of a museum exhibition that made you cry?
34. What exhibit / art installation / museum experience changed your life?
35. What was the most interesting exhibition you saw in the last year?
- Perseverance: Japanese Tattoo Traditional in a Modern World @ Japanese American National Museum
- -Prospect 3: Notes from NO (?) Biennial, New Orleans
- The Matisse Cutouts with an excellent (but informal) tour guide
- The one upstairs at CJM is pretty great
36. How do you connect contemporary exhibits to Jewish values? And not be preachy?
37. When you decide on visiting a museum, what is the single biggest draw for you?
38. Do you have fun at museums?
39. Did you like going to museums when you were a kid?
- My grandmother took me every week! I loved going to the natural history to see blue whale skeletons
- I remember holding my shoes crying because my feet hurt – Amazing I now love them